Monday, December 31, 2012

A Really Bad Motel


This is the place.  The Bay Shore Inn Motel, on Ocean Drive in Corpus Christi.  Don't go there.

You know I like to stay in cheap motels.  Some of them are quite nice, in a minimalistic sort of way.  This one was clean, but that's about all I could say for it.  I was given a choice of a small room or a large one, and I chose small.  It had no fridge and no dresser.  It did have a table and two chairs:


one of which had spray paint on the seat.  Needless to say, I did not sit there.  Here is the light source for the entire room:


No bedside lamps or wall sconces...not so much as a night light.  Of course, the bathroom light was obscenely bright.  Some people just never learn that two wrongs don't make a right.  Oh...and while we're on about the bathroom,


I'm pretty sure there are half a dozen dementors trapped in this sink.  Somebody should call the Ministry of Magic.  The shower ran out of hot water (at 6:15 AM), and I felt as if I were being pissed on by hamsters.  There was no shampoo...and don't get me started on the towels.  OK, maybe a bit.



This is one of the washcloths.  On close perusal, the little bump turned out to be the label, but it was melted to the consistency of razor wire.  Of course, the washcloth had the consistency of sandpaper, so I should have known better.  Note to self:  take towels and washcloths as well as a blanket.

As well as all this, I couldn't call the front desk.  They couldn't hear me and hung up.  I went down there to tell them the password for the wifi didn't work.  By the time all was said and done, I had been given two passwords, neither of which worked.  The manager was supposed to call me, but never did.

So, if you find yourself in Corpus with a penchant for cheap motels, skip this one.

7 comments:

  1. i'm just glad it was the remnants of a label
    and not a bedbug or its poo.

    happy new year!

    ~surf

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i am going to have a nightmare
    or two from that black and white sink.

    how would that sink be described in a
    home improvement catalog?

    ~surf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guaranteed to trap any dementors that should happen by...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had to google, "dementors."

    haahaa. i am the only person on earth who
    didn't read the harry potter series.

    i thought maybe it was something to do with
    World of Warcraft and you know who...

    ~surf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched a Harry Potter movie a few days ago, so that was what came to mind.

    Happy YoYo, Surf...it has to get better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it will.
    happy new year!
    ~surf

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I felt as if I were being pissed on by hamsters"

    Now that was funny! That sink hurt my eyes.

    ReplyDelete