Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune"

For some strange reason, blogger is not allowing me to upload a picture, but I'll do that as soon as I can.  Here's the link where you can make reservations and buy tickets:  http://frankieandjohnny.brownpapertickets.com/.  Summer Bryant and Ben Weaver are Frankie and Johnny, respectively.

I love this play.  I loved it when I saw the movie, which was just called "Frankie and Johnny," and starred Michelle Pfeiffer and Al Pacino. 

It's a love story without being a romance.  These people are blue collar people, not young, not rich, not beautiful.  And yet, they meet and fall in love.  Their story is the story of humanity, searching for meaning in a humdrum life.

Come and see it.  You will like it.

Oh...and leave the kiddies at home.  There is language, adult conversation and nudity.

No comments:

Post a Comment