Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reply to the 53% Person

There's a post at Daily Kos that speaks to those who don't feel that the 99% have anything to complain about.  I read it the other day, and I have to say that Max Ungaro says exactly what I would say, were I as articulate as he.  Here's an exerpt:
Look kid, I don’t want you to “get by” working two jobs and 60 to 70 hours a week. If you’re willing to put in that kind of effort, I want you to get rich. I want you to have a comprehensive healthcare plan. I want you vacationing in the Bahamas every couple of years, with your beautiful wife and healthy, happy kids. I want you rewarded for your hard work, and I want your exceptional effort to reap exceptional rewards. I want you to accumulate wealth and invest it in Wall Street. And I want you to make more money from those investments.


I understand that a prosperous America needs people with money to invest, and I’ve got no problem with that. All other things being equal, I want all the rich people to keep being rich. And clever financiers who find ways to get more money into the hands of promising entrepreneurs should be rewarded for their contributions as well.
I strongly urge that you read the entire piece.  Here's the link:  http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/12/1025555/-Open-Letter-to-that-53-Guy

To Max Ungaro, the author of this, I can only say, "Thank you largely for saying what I get too tongue-tied to express."

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article! I agree with you Ronni :)

    Have you seen this: http://the53.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete