Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hill Country Summer

Lake Travis is a lot higher than it was the last time I was out there taking pictures! There's a bit of beach, but not a single "Sometimes Island" in sight!

I have forgotten what they call this...but it looks pretty and smells herbally pungent. I like it. My next door neighbour just planted some in her front yard, so I shall have to ask her.

Needless to say, I walked this stretch. Minni Miata is not an all-terrain vehicle!

Pretty. Once again, I have no idea what it's called, but it's beautiful...it was too hot to stay long, so I didn't, but got 30 or so pictures before the sweat dripping in my eyes became intolerable.

I drove out 29 to where it intersects 1431 and then thoroughly enjoyed driving east on 1431, through Marble Falls. I stopped in Lago Vista and took these pictures at one of the parks on Lake Travis, and then continued on 1431 to Nameless Road, which becomes 2243. Vanessa told me about that yesterday. In all the years I've lived here, I didn't know!

It was a wonderful drive...about 160 miles, and I was home in four hours.



5 comments:

  1. Surely you are kidding about the name of the flowers... unless my memory fails me, that is "Veronica" flower!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so. A veronica is sort of like a delphinium, isn't it? These grow on a bush that often grows as big as a small tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so admire your sense of adventure! What beautiful places you discover in practically our own backyards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's because I learned to drive so late in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, whatever kind of flower it is is very pretty. That is a beautiful place. I have a soft spot for lakes everywhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete