Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So Here I Sit

I've been trying to go to bed early. Trying to break the pattern of sleep deprivation that always ensues when I'm in a play and every spare hour is spent sitting at my computer, flipping between crime message boards.

It may not be a virtual reality game, but it has its addictive side!

So I bid my laptop to sleep, and set it on a little table by my bed, and discovered something. A sleeping laptop has a blue blinking light. A very tiny blue blinking light, awfully bright at 3:30 AM.

It calls me. That tiny blinking light is like a neon bar sign outside my window.

blink

blink

blink

It lights up my whole room.

Must. Turn. It. Off.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Ronni! I know about the blinking light. We are connected, but there isn't a hope in helf of me getting on the thing.

    There will come a time when the novelty has worn off and I'll get a little time save you to my favourites.

    I had about 3.5 hours sleep last night. Very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Mgt has a PC!

    Welcome to the 21st Century...

    ...and to the 21st Century with a kid in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why you were up in the middle of the night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have to cover my laptop or turn it away from me if it is in the same room I'm sleeping in. And the light pulsates. Truly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronni, there's been meteor showers this week. The peak was last night and tonight! If you can't sleep, step out into your backyard for a few minutes and check it out. It's very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Mgt, slap that child away from the keyboard and get online for a bit. Good golly.

    ReplyDelete