Saturday, October 25, 2008

"The Producers"

Finally!

I finally managed to go and see "The Producers" at the Palace in Georgetown. I've been trying for a while, but what with "Romeo and Juliet" and other distractions, I've been running late on this one.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are in the area, go and see this.

I took Chandra and Vanessa with me, and it did my heart good to hear them laugh out loud!

The only criticism I have is that the set changes are a bit awkward. I'm not sure how they could be expedited, given the space and the many changes required, but, as that's the only thing I didn't like, it really doesn't matter.

The role of Ulla is played by two girls, and tonight it was Sara Burke.

Sara has a voice. A very special voice. Somebody who can go from Mary Magdalene in "Jesus Christ Superstar," to Ulla in this one, is a force to be reckoned with.

And the Matts--Matt Gauck as Max Bialystock, Matt Connely as Roger DeBris, and Matthew Burnett as Carmen Ghia, absolutely rocked the house.

Larry Frier as Leo Bloom, has a sort of Clay Aiken charm, as well as a hell of a voice.

Barb Jernigan has done something very special with the sets, and I've heard that the pictures of Shakespeare in the yarmulke are to be auctioned off as a fund raiser for the Palace. Roger's house, all pink marble, is beautiful, as are all the drops.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

If you can, go and see it. It has four more performances. If you miss it, you will regret it.

4 comments:

  1. I agree--this is a great show. I love the line, "May I take your hat, your coat, your swastika?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, God! And Carmen Ghia's great floating leaps across the stage!

    I still have not stopped laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course the contributers and their walkers was fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as though you had a really busy weekend, Ronni. Nice to get out with the girls, though.

    The weather here on Saturday was simply appalling. Driving rain and sixty mile an hour winds. Of course, I had to be out of the house more than usual.

    By the way, Susan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete