Thursday, April 24, 2008

FREE CAT!


At this point, I don't care if he goes to a good home or not.

It's Moe. He is one of the cats who can escape from the cat yard, so it's not unusual for me to come home and find him in the driveway, meowing piteously. I open the door, call him, and he goes and rolls in the dirt and ignores me. He can also get in through the cat yard, so it's no big deal that he come in through the front door.

Last night after rehearsal, he came in the front door, yowling as piteously as ever. Trouble is, he never stopped! He has woken me several times during the night, walking up and down the hall and yowling. Around six (Yup. That's 6:00 AM, folks), he decides it's time to scratch his way under my door.

I've looked him over. Nothing is hurting him. Nothing is swollen. He's not having a repeat of his former urinary tract infection.

He has just decided to go stark raving bonkers and thinks I have an obligation to join him.

At best, I am not a morning person.

Today, I could commit felinicide in a heartbeat!

12 comments:

  1. But how did the cell phone fair this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You threw the cell phone when he was scratching the door before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right!

    I had left it in my purse last night, so I just got up and cussed at him a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks a lot like my Julius, who dumped a glass of water on my laptop!

    He survived .... for now. But it's going to take an awful lot of field mice to buy me a new laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're really trying to get rid of him, you're supposed to make him sound like a cat someone would WANT. You know, like when you sell a car that's been wrecked and instead of saying it has been wrecked, you say it has a fresh paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~EVIL GRIN~

    How does "Desert Sunrise" sound to you?

    I have brushes and rollers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried a spray bottle with water? LOL!

    He reminds me of my Sonny. Drives me nutz howling to go outside and two seconds later he's scratching on my door to get back in. I can't have a cat door because God knows what critters would come in or Sonny would bring in the house. Mice. Snakes. You can imagine.

    I am glad he hasn't discovered we have a whole family of baby ground squirrels down by the corrals and the pot belly pig pen. I saw 6 babies topside of their hole/den this morning. I couldn't bear it if he killed one and put it on my front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we lived out in the country, the damn cats would invite possums and raccoons in for dinner! You just never knew what you were going to see curled up on the dryer in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ronni, is he fixed?..if not could be the reason why he's yelling..lol..could be he smells a female in heat. OR could be like the cat I used to have..just wants your complete attention. He's trying to tell you something..I wonder what! Sorry to hear he is driving you nuts..Been there..it's frustrating to say the least.Hmmm how about some ear plugs? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  10. AW, it's too bad you're not in NC. I could find him a home. I know somebody looking for a kitten now too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's fixed, and I can ship. He likes styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap.

    ReplyDelete