Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Costume Transformation


Just your basic 1980s party dress, cute and fussy.


between the top flounce and the second, there's about 3". That is going to disappear, as I draw up the second flounce to right under the first.


There's nearly 5" here, between the second and third flounces. That will disappear, too.


The bottom flounce has net under it.

Of course, in the back, the zipper will be detached between the first and second flounces, and re-attached after the skirt is drawn up. I will also have to take it in a couple of inches, to make it really tight on Nikki. I might put a bustier over it, or just edge the flounces and those ridiculous shoulder...things...with black sequins. I might draw up one side, with a flower or a jewel, just to show a little more leg, maybe with a garter...

Nikki has short, flamingly artificial red hair, and this colour is very good on her. She will have some sort of black and turquoise decoration in her hair, and a ribbon at her neck with a jewel on it.

I'll post a pic when it's done.

8 comments:

  1. Geesh, that looks like my Bridesmaids dresses.

    What the hell was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a lot of it about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of work you manage to do is astounding, Ronni. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adapting existing garments is more time-effective and cost-effective than building everything from scratch. It has the added advantage of reusing, and is thus environmentally sound, and, best of all, it helps us avoid the generic. I hate to see a show where all the costumes look as if they were cut from the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ronni, have a good one. I'll check in on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Can't wait to see the "after"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am serious, I want one in every color!

    ReplyDelete