Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Mt Vernon IA, June 2, 2012


My son, the College Graduate!

This may not be a big deal to most of you, for whom higher education is a given.  However, I am a college dropout, and neither of my parents graduated from high school.  I had to make sure I was wearing nothing that buttoned tightly, because I would have busted them buttons, fer sure!

So, now he's off to find a job in Chicago, and I shall have to brave the frozen north to see the Young Adult in his habitat.  Let's see...Jan just gave me a beautiful fur jacket, and I still have the warm boots Vanessa gave me...I should be good to go.

Now I have a black cap and gown to but with the maroon set from high school.  I have to say, though, that this one suits him better.  Maroon is not his colour.

Isn't he gorgeous?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Brendan AND Mom!

    You have to print that pic and frame it, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to believe he is 22! He still looks about 14 to me.

    ReplyDelete