Monday, August 29, 2011

I Guess I'm a Worrier. Who Knew?

Mostly, I worry about people.  I don't use up a whole lot of time worrying about big issues.  I worry about the scab on Brendan's hand, and the one on Ethan's knee.   I worry about Chandra's cough, and the fact that she is so thin.  I worry about Vanessa's fibro, and Brendan's return to college.  I worry about Aidan and the fact that he spends every waking moment playing videogames or watching videos of other people playing videogames.  I worry about the child I gave up for adoption when I was nineteen, and the man he has become.

I worry about my Spare Kids, even if it has been years since I've seen them.  I worry about my friends.  Friends I see every day, and friends I've never seen.  I don't worry about all of these people all the time, you understand.  Just individually, as they pop into my head...

I even worry about my exes.  I was so pleased when my first husband got in touch with me.  I mean, there really wasn't a whole lot wrong with him that age couldn't cure, and I was happy to find out that it had.  Now, Dearly Beloved, I am even worried about SSS.  He and Charyl had been together for most of the past 25 years--a lot longer than he and I were.  I think about how devastated I was when Jim died, and hope SSS is equipped to cope with the loss of Charyl.  Though why I should care, I really don't know.

I thought I would feel a lot of things about Charyl's death, but sadness is all that remains.  Am I losing my edge?  Getting soft, mushy and apathetic in my old age?

I worry about that, too.

2 comments:

  1. well, you can cross that brown lawn off the worry list.

    people now just spray paint their lawn green in order to help sell the house.
    ~surf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in, Surf. Now I don't have to worry about you, either...

    ReplyDelete