Monday, May 02, 2011

A Thought

Celebrating in the streets is unworthy of us.  So we got the guy.  Good.  He's done.  But this is not going to end anything.  There has already been ten years worth of anger built up, on top of the original cause for the 9/11 attacks.  If anyone thinks those extremist groups are just going to pack up their tents and clear out their caves and quit, they are sadly mistaken.

Think about it this way.  What if StoopidHead Phelps got killed tomorrow.  Would other fundie groups say, "Ooh...I'm scared.  Maybe we'd better quit?"  You and I know the answer is not only "No," but "HELL, NO!" 

So, while I feel a certain satisfaction, I can't delude myself that the War on Terror is over.  Osama himself has followers who will be even more militant now that their leader has been taken out.  The past ten years of blundering has created more militants than there were in 2001.

The War on Terror will never be over.

5 comments:

  1. your right Ronni, it never will end. Just isn't in the human nature to let stuff go.
    I couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, Terri, this is what is so scary. Will it ever end? This bumb-shot war? What, really, are all of us here fighting and killing and mauling for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Ronni, and sadly, I think you're spot on correct.
    -ts

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no shortage of assholes on this planet. Those who commit mass murder need to be taken out.

    A friend who was at ground zero that night said that the crowd was much smaller than what it looked like on tv. Not surprising, that's the media for you.

    Over a quarter of a million people are dead at OBL's direction. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in Afghanistan under his reign. I am rotten happy that he's off the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm glad he's gone. George Bush said (before he acknowledged that he couldn't find him), "dead or alive." The thing that worries me is that the war is going to be interminable, and some idiots seem to think that killing Bin Ladin will end it.

    ReplyDelete