Wednesday, July 07, 2010

More of The Baker Hotel

Hoping very strongly for a sale. There were a couple of men looking at it and taking notes when we were there. I hope they were thinking of buying, not demolishing!

Can't you just see the ghostly 1920s ladies and gents strolling about? To the left is a swimming pool, and, beyond that, an elaborate fountain.

I would love to see inside! The glimpses we could get through the ground floor windows showed a period-looking carpet in the lobby and definitely original tile in the side entrance. Great gouts of wallpaper are hanging from walls and ceilings. It is just so sad.

2 comments:

  1. Ronni--

    A commenter on my blog says someone is investing in it!

    http://julieholden.com/?p=384

    --Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that! I shall have to keep an eye on the work!

    ReplyDelete