It doesn't show in the picture, because I never got to finish it, but I slit the skirt right up the front. You should have heard the gasps from the kids when I did that.
I had dyed the cheesy wedding dress that light sort of sea-mist colour, but there were spots on it where patches of lace had been glued. The glue spots came out an ugly dark brown, so I showed the kids how to paint over the spots with glitter paint. By the time I finish with this dress, it will be decorated all over the bodice and on the glue spots, wherever they are.
I strung pearls all over her, and pinned them here and there. I will also decorate the slit in the front, and fix it so it that the underskirt (which is much darker green) shows more.
I didn't have time to put a ruff on it, but I showed the kids how to do that. The theater supplied the bum roll, which is what gives this costume the characteristic Elizabethan shape.
I took the train, which is supposed to attach at the waist, and pinned it at the shoulders like a cape.
I began to make a blazer into a doublet, but didn't have time to finish. When I do, I will post pictures.
The kids were great, and I had a lot of fun!