Thursday, April 29, 2010

One of Those Days

Today has been one of those days when I could do nothing right. As SSS would have said, "I can't win for losing!"

~The Dreamcoat that I worked on till 2:00 AM, and again from 7:00 AM till 10:00, was all wrong. Ramona had to spend all morning fixing it; time she could ill afford.

~I was working on the costumes for the children (twenty-four of them) in "Joseph..." and found out after sizing about eight of them that I was doing that wrong, too. It has been a long time since we did "Joseph" last, and I had forgotten how they were supposed to look.

~I skipped lunch in favour of hunting for a costume for "Fashion."

I am lacking sleep, and there is no escape from the stress. Stress at work, stress at rehearsal, stress at home, which is such a mess right now.

All the country songs got to me today, and I cried a lot.

...And then, I got home.

Some lovely person had cleared the live oak leaves and flowers off my driveway and lawn, and cleaned out the gutters, as well as removing the piled leaves off the roof. There was a note on the door...unsigned.

So, thank you, Anonymous Yard Elf.

I sat in the driveway and cried. I'm still a little misty about that.

2 comments:

  1. That made me misty too. What a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice thing to do! Hugs, Ronni. Lots of people love you!

    ReplyDelete