Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thoughts

It was really fun to connect with somebody from my childhood. At times, it seems as if that part of my life was just a dream, because there are very few day-to-day reminders of it. We, as a family, took very few photographs, and both my parents are gone. It was almost overwhelming to meet up with a person with whom I shared hours and days and years; who wasn't imaginary, and who remembers those times.

Lyn briefly met Chandra, but didn't have the opportunity to meet Vanessa or Brendan. Someday, I would like to have my kids meet Lyn, as they know no one from my childhood. Lyn said Chandra was a lot like I was as a kid.

Anyway, suffice it to say that I don't feel quite so much an orphan as I have for the past few years. Thanks to Lyn and Fred.

Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

  1. That got me thinking about the single child experience. In a large family, like mine, the brothers and sisters - all seven of us - help to remind each other of childhood evnts. What I don't remember, others will and vice-versa. My husband is in a similar position to you. He has no siblings to share memories with, his father is dead and his mother and he do not reminisce.

    I'm glad you had that good experience Ronni.

    ReplyDelete