Sunday, July 20, 2008

The End of the Tour



These pictures were taken at the site of Pickett's Charge. One of the most gallant and useless confrontations in military history.

Brendan and I spent three days taking the four-hour tour, extending Jim's and my record by several hours. I didn't take nearly as many pictures this time, but thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

Now, we have pressed on from Gettysburg to Washington DC, and are going sploring tomorrow. I have a cold, so am spending the rest of the day holed up with gold medicine and a book, and some Hot and Sour Soup from a nearby Chinese restaurant.

Tomorrow, we will be full of stories about Washington. We are here for three days.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to Gettysburg. No excuse since I am so close.
    HOT as heLL here just as I told you it would be. The humidity is what kills us in Virginia.
    Where are you staying? Outside D.C. I assume.
    If you can, go to JFK's grave in Arlington Cemetery- just across Memorial Bridge. Took my 3 year old son there the day after JFK was buried and, believe it or not, only a few of us there. Very impressive at night coming across the Bridge, the eternal flame can be seen on the rise where he rests.

    Hollering a "Hi!" since I am only about 40 miles south of you.
    Enjoy your stay - so much to see within a couple of miles in D.C.

    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete