Sunday, April 20, 2008

Eight Months

Eight months ago today, my husband shot himself in the head.

At first, I was all caught up in financial problems. I think I was trying to avoid thinking about other things, like missing him for the rest of my life.

~the smile he would get when he said, "Honey..."~
~the soft grey hair all over his chest~
~driving with him in the Miata, in the dead of winter, with the top down and the heater on~
~the way he always misted up and the end of "A League of Their Own"~

...And trying not to think about finding him on the grass with a bullet in his head, still gasping...his body not willing to give up.

I haven't looked at his ashes. I am thinking of taking a bit of them to the theater and scattering them there. Of course, the largest part will be put with his parents', as he wished.

I still haven't forgiven him, but I am closer to understanding.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Ronnie.

    That was such a sad post. I don't know what to say that would help, but my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are too many anniversaries of this tragic day, Ronni. My heart goes out to you.

    I so admire the way you are functioning under all this sadness. Glad you are starting to understand a little. Everything at your own pace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs for you, Ronni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie,
    I think spreading some of Jim's ashes at SBCT is a wonderful idea. That's where I want my ashes when the time comes! I want to be on the feet of actors making their entrances...
    Let me know when and if you plan to do it, I want to be there.
    Hope rehearsals are going well!
    Love,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about next Monday, on his birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds perfect! Just let me know when and I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before rehearsal is probably best. Of course, if we did it after, I could have a drink...I think we should definitely pour him a drink with his ashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ronnie,

    My thoughts are with you. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you, but hope that it will ease as time goes by.

    Robert "Jonathan" Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robert! It's so nice to hear from you!

    Come see the Ho Show! We open on May 23.

    What have you been up to?

    ReplyDelete