Saturday, November 24, 2007

Wake Up and Smell the Stuff!

Drew Peterson's mother, Betty Morphey, interviewed in the Chicago Sun-Times:

"I would tell her I'm ashamed of her for putting the family through this," Morphey said. "She knows where she is."

Right.

You're baby boy has you wound around his finger, doesn't he? It's HIM you should be ashamed of, not Stacy. Step right up, Betty, and stand here with Jackie Peterson and Pat Young.

I hope you have your blood-pressure meds and an apology handy for when they find her body.

"I could swear on a Bible that he would never hurt anyone at any time," Morphey said. "I'm proud he's my son and I feel so bad he's got to go through all this because of her. She was just too young."

...And this is Stacy's fault...how, exactly? Your son stalked her and knocked her up while he was married to Kathleen. Remember Kathleen, Betty? The one who "drowned" in the bathtub, "accidentally?" I realize that, with four wives, it must be difficult for you to keep up, but I'd like to hear your take on her fate. You must have a very narrow definition of "hurt."

"They got married so young," Morphey said [of Drew's first marriage]. Drew Peterson and Carol Brown married when she was still in high school and he was a recent graduate. "That's why that didn't last. I wish he would have stayed married to her forever."

Well, MOM, he might have if he hadn't cheated on her. Seems to be a pattern with your baby boy, doesn't it, Mrs Morphey? Marry young, get disillusioned, cheat, get dumped, marry again right away, and the cycle continues.

He has said that you had the bed made in the morning, by the time your husband came out of the bathroom, and he expected his wife to do the same. Apparently, he also expected her to be physically perfect, and not age.

Are you, perchance, from Stepford, Mrs Morphey?

"All of this is not necessary," she said. "She didn't have to walk out and leave everybody stranded and not knowing what to do. All she has to do is call and say she's fine."

Well, Mrs Morphey, I'm sure she would love to do that. Problem is, I don't think she can. I think she is dead. I think Drew killed her, and I think he killed Kathleen, too.

It's going to be a rude awakening.

10 comments:

  1. My first thought on reading her comments was that she'd been on the phone getting tips from Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or Drew.

    she is definitely of the "deny, deny, deny" school of thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone should write these women a book, How NOT to act when your son kills his wife. Jackie, Pat and definitely this one (she may prove to be the worst) would create many citations for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My self-educated theory is that narcissists are made, not born, and that there are two ways to make one. One is if the mother is the dominant partner in the marriage. In that case, the son decides his dad is a wimp, and no woman will ever run him like Mom runs Dad. The other way is for Dad to dominate, in which case, the son grows up thinking that's the way things oughtta be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronni, and Lisa,

    When I heard her, the first person I thought of was Jackie.

    This guy is creepy, and weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your literary conversation with Ms Morphey. . .is MORON genetic???

    I think in this case, it might be.

    On this subject, I have a friend in Manhattan who likes young women. He has never been married and he is my age (50-ish). The other night, we had dinner together in West Village and he said to me (while we were eating Octopus). . ."I have finally realized that women of child-bearing age are no longer interested in me"

    I responded "WELCOME BACK".

    If men would stick to their age group, they would have a lot less trouble. But that is a lesson Drew Peterson is learning the hard way--and he is learnign the lesson on the lives of two innocent women who believed his baloney.

    I am so happy that I am single and not looking. Its so much safer isnt it???

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Their reflection in the eyes of a young woman makes them feel young, I guess.

    I'll let you know when I get to "happier."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rearing children is such an important job. Parents that make excuses for their children are heading for trouble.

    We have a 13 year old in our neighbourhood whose mother has two responses to complaints about his vandalism and harassment..."Who, my Ryan?" and "I'll have to get the other side of the story".

    Riiight! That lying little thug is going to tell the truth, no matter how many people are complaining about him. She is an idiot and his father even worse....he starts harassing the people who have complained about his son. Good grief, the boy hasn't a hope in heck of growing into a decent human being.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When Brendan was 5, a boy down the street kicked him. The kid was 8, and twice his size. Brendan had a scrape on his leg that was huge. I wend down to talk to the parents, and they said that their son was defending himself. Right. A third-grader defending himself against a kindergartener.

    The father actually raised his hand to me. I just stood there and said, "DON'T you DARE touch me!"

    He backed down. It was my "terrible" voice, and "the look" went with it.

    I wish I could remember the kid's name; I'd look him up to see if he's in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jail is exactly where Ryan is headed. To think that one single solitary child can cause so much stress?!

    A woman down the road was sick of her 10 year old being thumped by this thug and threatened to get her teenage nephews down to the estate to give him a "doin". Now, her son has no more trouble with Ryan.

    Another characteristic of bullies...they are cowards.

    ReplyDelete