Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers' Day Dinner

Sometime between the cards and the prezzies, my wonderful husband asked me where I would like to go for dinner. I responded with, "Let me think about it for a while."

I thought about it and decided that I wanted to stay home, because I didn't know where I could get what I wanted to eat. Further, I decided that, while I would accept help, I mostly wanted it the way I wanted it, which meant I should cook it myself. And shop for it myself.

So off I went to the supermarket (you'd be surprised how many moms were there shopping, and carrying expressions of chagrin), to get The Fixin's. This was the day for Bibb lettuce (which we usually don't buy, because it's more expensive than the usual Iceberg or Romaine), and raspberries.

So, with Jim's help, we had broiled rib eye steaks, corn on the cob, a salad with Bibb lettuce, avocado, and other goodies, and a dressing of my own invention, and cheesecake topped with raspberry preserves, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of caramel syrup.

I am a very happy camper.

2 comments:

  1. Madeleine McCann,4 years old,disappeared from The Ocean Club resort, Praia da Luz, Lagos, Portugal, in the evening of May 3, 2007. Police says that she was kidnapped by an english man.
    There are several rewards, google it.
    Go to my blog and copy my last post in to your blog (the post is in english and in portuguese).
    You can also see about it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bit about the English kidnapper is news since yesterday! Thanks, Maria. I have been following this case over at CrimeBlog.us.

    ReplyDelete