Saturday, April 07, 2007

Wedding Meme--From The Marshalogues


Heh. Lifted this from Marsha at:




Where/How did you meet?
At the Sam Bass Community Theater, though it was called the Sam Bass Theater Association back in those bygone days. I was auditioning for "Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean," which was Jim's Sam Bass directorial debut. My second show, EVER.

How long have you known each other?
Twenty-three years.

How long after you met did you start dating?
Thirteen years. He was married, I was married, we were friends. We stayed friends for all those years. About five years after we met, Jim and his wife were divorced. I remember my heart sinking when he told me. I realized that I loved him, but, having been friends all those years, I was involved with another. SSS and I had gone our separate ways about a year after I first met Jim. We did not actually start "dating" for another eight years.

How long did you date before you were engaged?
Two years. In the summer of 1999, Jim and his mother took a trip to Alaska, and he proposed soon after they returned. He asked me, and actually looked as if there might be some doubt as to whether or not I would accept. Fat chance! He asked, and now he is stuck with me, for ever and ever and ever...

How long was your engagement?
Ten months.

How long have you been married?
Nearly seven years.

What is your anniversary?
June 11th, like Jim's parents and grandparents.

How many people came to your wedding reception?
Somewhere around twenty.

What kind of cake did you serve?
A white one. Very pretty. Thank you, Rachel, for doing that for us!

Where was your wedding?
Wedding Island, on the River Walk in San Antonio. We took a bow after the ceremony because the passengers on a passing tour boat gave us a round of applause.

What did you have for your meal?
We had reserved a room at our favourite River Walk Mexican restaurant, Casa Rio. It was a terrific meal, but don't let those people serve you their house champagne.

How many people were in your bridal party?
One Groom's Man, and two Bride's Maids.

Are you still friends with them all?
Yes. The Bride's Maids were my daughters, and the Groom's Man lives in Colorado.

Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
I was too misty to notice.

Most special moment of your Wedding Day?
When I looked into Jim's eyes and said my vows.

Any funny moments?
Jim's ex-sister-in-law welcoming me to the family made me smile.

Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We didn't actually go on a honeymoon, as leaving Addy alone was not an option at that point in her life.

If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I would not stay in a bed and breakfast. Those people were a bit stuffy, and seemed to expect quiet during the night. Plus, they didn't serve any biscuits and gravy.

Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
I sleep on my husband's left.

What size is your bed?
Normally, we have a California King size, but at present we are sleeping in a double. Don't ask.

Greatest strength as a couple?
We love each other.

Greatest challenge as a couple?
Neither of us likes to manage money.

Who literally pays the bills?
I do. Most of them are on autopay, but those that aren't, I pay.

What is your song?
We don't have one.

What did you dance your first dance to?
That hasn't happened yet.

Describe your wedding dress.
Ivory lace Gunne Sax, circa 1979. High neck, flounce around the shoulders which came down to the elbows and waist. Ankle-length gathered skirt. It cost $40 at the Antique Mall.

What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Roses. Big, old-fashioned roses. Armfuls of them. Thanks to Rachel for that, too. She told me she could get them for $50, and there were many more of them than I thought there would be.

Are your wedding bands engraved?
Jim can't wear a ring. Mine is a rose gold band, purchased at the Antique Mall. It is engraved "G. G. 1882." I often wonder who G. G. was. I hope she loved my ring as much as I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment