Thursday, April 26, 2007

Smiles

I heard an expression today:

"Well, butter my behind and call me a biscuit!"

There are a lot of expressions or turns of phrase that just make me smile whenever I hear them.

"If I was any happier, I'd have to jump back and kiss myself!"

Here's one Mom used to say when she was angry:

"I could chew nails and spit rust!"

Courtesy of SSS:

"Ya gotta take the lousy with the bad."

and:

"If it ain't organized, you can't mess it up."

I'll add more as I think of them.

3 comments:

  1. my used wedding gown was altered to fit muh yunger sister, and it was already an 8l fuggittaboutit and sewfork, and durnt wurry bout a thang, as ebber liddle thang gonna be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is Cockney slang, Vero. An expression of disbelief.

    "Well, I go to the bottom of our stairs!" God alone knows what it means. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like "wild hair up the ass" and "crazier than a shithouse rat" myself.

    ReplyDelete