Monday, April 30, 2007

Good Deeds

Carrie, at Sixteen Sisters http://sixteensisters.blogspot.com/, has a post about good deeds. It occurred to me that it might be nice to mention my own good deeds...

...I'm thinking...

...there has to be something...

...doesn't there?...

...I did put out food and a warm box for the neighbourhood stray cat...

...and have rescued several cats, over the years...

...I always return it if people give me too much change...

...I tell people if I notice that they have money fixing to fall out of their pocket or purse...

...I let people into my lane when driving...

...I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, aren't I?

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, after all.

Unlike the good deeds that have been done for me...

...by Mary Lee Harris, who found me a counsellor when my alcoholic SSS got to be too much to bear...

...by Betty Porter, who bought me a pair of glasses when I broke mine while poor and indigent, and who also gave me a complete World Book Encyclopedia...

...by Addy Prior, who sent me a catered Christmas dinner, complete with gifts, three years in a row, and then welcomed me like a daughter when I married her son, not to mention the Journalism summer class she paid for for Vanessa when she was in middle school...

...by the lovely lady who contributed frequent flyer miles so that Jim and I could go to Michigan last summer...

...by Loretta Serrano, who, with some help from other friends, bought me a new computer...

...the list goes on and on.

I think I'm in the red on this one. By far.

No comments:

Post a Comment