Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Fairy Tale




(With thanks to Donna Weaver of "The Daily Profiler" (http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/)


Once upon a time, in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess happened upon a frog as she sat, contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle.

The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said,

"Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.

"With one kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am.

"Then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel grateful and happy doing so."

That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on a repast of lightly sautéed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce, she chuckled and thought to herself:

I don't f*%#^@% think so!

3 comments:

  1. You GO, Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Ronni, now that you mention it, my "N" # 2 was definite frog who turned into a prince. It was a very long delusion of almost a hunnert years. I am here to say, that he suddenly turned bach into a TOAD and there was no reprieve from that. Shoot, Most frogs, aside from Kermit, will truly show their colors as TOADS, and that is not a pretty picture. They have horns and they have no remorse or conscience or proclivity for any responsibility to one and all. BEWARE. FROGS ARE REALLY TOADS. No responsibility to the ones who think so, so it only wreaks many amounts of pain for those who believe the LIE. Those aforementioned frogs and toads take no responsibility for anything except for themselves. NARCISSITOIDS in no trumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With best apologies to the originater of the quotation, Gertrude Stein.

    A ROSE IS A ROSE IS A ROSE.

    this applies to a TOAD IS A TOAD IS A TOAD.

    Krix, Vero, I have many roses in my yard and they never have diminished moi as that Froggie/Toad did and a toad is a toad is a toad with apologies to Gertrude Stein.

    ReplyDelete