Sunday, July 26, 2026

Is Anyone Still Out Here?

I haven't had a computer in a long time, and this is difficult on the phone.

I couldn't write during the covid lockdown. I couldn't really do anything. I was not reading, making bread, gardening or anything useful. I doom-scrolled, watched reruns of Midsomer Murders and Vera, and knit a few cowls. It was all so unreal. Lines to enter the grocery store, social distancing, masks, ordering toilet paper on line...I had an anti-mask MAGAt follow me around in the store, intentionally coughing on me and calling me a sheep.

 AET closed its doors last summer, so I am, as they say, "at liberty." And age is definitely creeping up. Well, galloping is closer to the truth. Those knees they told me would give me trouble later are performing as predicted. Hands are getting a bit stiff, too. And my feet are uncharted territory. Still, moving along. Got the sun in the morning and the moon at night...

Anyway, how are y'all doing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment