Saturday, March 21, 2020

Covipocalypse 2020

So the HEB has gone from being open from 6 AM till 1 AM, to an 8-8 schedule.  I sneaked in last night a few minutes before they closed, and, as I was leaving, the Truck arrived.  12 hours of stocking!

I got there this morning, right at 8.  The line snaked down the strip center, around the corner by the Cotton Patch Cafe, and clear back almost to the street!  Wow!

Forty minutes later, I got into the store.  It is a cold, blustery morning out there, spitting minute drops of rain hither and yon.

Was only allowed one pack of toilet paper, but that's OK.  I know that no one was filling up their pickup truck with All The TP and selling it on Craig's List.  There were security guards all over the store.

I had to cut my shopping short, because I needed to use some of that TP (if you know what I mean), and I was damned if I was going to leave my cart, with unprotected toilet paper, outside the ladies' room!

On the way out, I learned that the entire royal family of England is divorcing itself, and that Brad and Jen are doing something again...

We are surviving, so far.


1 comment:

  1. We're well stocked up but I went to Wally World for an unrelated item. I went to the TP aisle just to see and it was barren.

    ReplyDelete