Saturday, August 22, 2015

Speechlessness


Speechless.

                  unable to speak, especially as the temporary result of shock or some strong emotion.
  1. "he was speechless with rage"
    synonyms:lost for words, at a loss (for words), dumbstruck, dumbfounded, bereft of speech, tongue-tiedinarticulatemutedumbvoicelesssilent;
    informalmum
    "her talk of divorce left him speechless"
    unable to be expressed in words.
    "surges of speechless passion"
    I have to wonder why it is a condition that is so short-lived.  Here's a typical speech from the speechless:
  2. I am speechless.  I mean, I am really, really speechless.  Do you hear me?  I am literally speechless.  You have no idea how speechless I am.  I cannot possibly think of a single thing to say, because I am dumbstruck.  How can you go on and on about this?  I am speechless.  Speechless, I tell you!  Speechless!  This is too stupid for words.  There are no words.  None.  I am totally speechless.  You've thought I was speechless before?  That was nothing.  NOTHING!  You have never seen me as speechless as I am at this moment.  I'd explain it too you, but it's moot because I'm mute.  Speechless.  Voiceless.  I have nothing to say.  Listen to me when I tell you I'm speechless.
    Oh.  My.  God.  If this is your idea of speechless, you need a new definition of the word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment