Monday, February 18, 2013

A Fresh Start

"Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune" is over.  It was fun, a learning experience, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  I got so much positive feedback (besides the reviews) that I feel stoked and ready to embark on my next project, the much more difficult "Death and the Maiden."

This play walks a very fine line among vengeance, madness, healing, forgiveness and political expediency.  It was made into a movie in 1994, with Ben Kingsley, Sigourney Weaver and Stuart Wilson.  I have never seen the movie.  I have seen the play once, done very badly.  I swore then that I would someday direct it myself, and I thank Sam Bass Theatre for allowing me the opportunity.  I am also grateful to Frank Benge, Cathie Sheridan and Ben Weaver for being willing to travel this line with me.  It will be an adventure, and, given the powerful cast, will probably go far beyond what my mind is capable of seeing.

We start tonight.  I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment