Sunday, October 31, 2010

Art and Gillian

The Lone Star Bakery seemed to be a good place to take out-of-town company. It's just not right to leave Round Rock without having sampled one of our local doughnuts. This is Art and Gillian. They, like many Canadians, head for sunny climes at this time of year. They came through town with their motorhome, a little Tracker and a couple of very cool dogs.

We stopped by the Round Rock, too. Here they are at the adjacent Sculpture Park.

Back in the day, when "dating" a person meant "arranging to spend time with" said person, Art and I dated. Mostly parties arranged by members of church youth groups. I attended one such party with Nicky Robinson, and left with Art. I know, I know...I was a bad girl! But really, Dearly Beloved, Nicky was such a dork and Art was all kinds of charismatic. He and I liked the same sort of music, and he was a lot of fun.

I never did get up enough nerve to ask Gillian if he is still as good a kisser as he was then. Not that I had done a lot of compare-and-contrast at that point in my life, you understand...

It was so nice to see Art again, and to meet Gillian.

Happy Trails, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment