Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"Fashion"

"Fashion" is the musical with which I have become embroiled. Well, that's not the right word. To be honest, somebody dropped out and I got drafted. No, that's not quite right, either. Somebody dropped out, Frank (who is directing it) called me, and I jumped right in. I can blame no one but myself. After the read-through, I asked Frank if he was sure he had asked the right person. He favoured me with that grin of his that is a combination of Buddha and the Cheshire cat, and just nodded.

Last night was our first rehearsal, and it went well. The ingenue was absent, so Frank read her in...hilarity ensued! It's sort of a musical melodrama within a play. The play is about a group of women who are putting on this melodrama. The only man in the cast is a) the director of the melodrama, b) the male lead in the melodrama and c) boffing the entire club, unbeknownst to each other. The setting is at a rehearsal.

Several of the ladies in the club are playing male roles in the melodrama, including me.

Tonight is our first dance and singing rehearsal. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment