Monday, August 31, 2009

Is Pepe Le Pew Loose in Round Rock?


Banshee, who spends most of his time lying around impersonating a bit of shag carpet, came in this morning smelling vaguely of skunk. Only vaguely, mind you. Not a full-scale, put-him-in-the-tub-and-scrub-him-with-tomato-juice kind of skunking, just a hint of how bad it could have been. I opened the bathroom window, and the same faint skunkishness is noticeable there, too.

When we first got Banshee, I thought he was a female, and was quite embarrassed when I took him in to get spayed and the vet told me that he couldn't help me, but he would neuter him if I wanted. So who can blame Pepe for being confused? Banshee is, after all, fluffy. And cute. And black-and-white.

9 comments:

  1. He's as beautiful as can be. No doubt smart, too. I've always found black-and-white cats to be alert and clever. My lovely one was a tuxedo cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He drools, which is an unfortunate habit in a cat, but he is such a love...Jim could never understand why I called him that, as he is a very quiet cat, on the whole. Jim never rode with him in the car. THAT'S where he really cuts loose. He can turn a doorknob enough to occasionally open Brendan's door (which is supposedly a no-cat zone).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps your cat stood up to that silly 'ol skunk and got blasted for his chutzpah! I once saw a cat smack a full grown raccoon right on the nose. The raccoon took a good look at "Teddy Cat" who was all fluffed up with his back arched, and he skulked off.

    Cats are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronni and friends:

    Check this out. . .only in New Jersey

    http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/south_amboy_residents_fear_sku.html

    This is wild. Really wild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, the story didn't come up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture of a lovely fluffy kitty. I know he has a tiny kitty nose, but those markings are strange around his nose and on his face; they give him a Japanese Kabuki look (is that the Japanese opera mask-wearers?) or something sort of like that. He is a beautiful cat. . ...t

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh RATS--I was trying to send you the link to a story published yesterday about a vacant house in a Jersey town--now occupied by 42 skunks.

    Cost to remove them? $260 per skunk.

    I would love to know who went in to count them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So would I. I posted a story a long time ago about an encounter SSS and I had with a skunk. I'll see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete