Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ms Bunny!

The shop door opens this morning, and three people walk in. One is the cutest young cowboy you could ever want to see. He's wearing a T-shirt, jeans, and work boots, and he has a big straw cowboy hat with sunglasses perched on the brim.

"May I help you?" sez I.

"Yes ma'am," he answered, "I need to rent a bunny costume."

While explaining how we do bunny costumes, I'm extremely curious about why this young man wants a bunny suit a week after Easter. By the time he had picked out a remarkably goofy-looking pink and white bunny head that has not been chosen by anyone in the time I've been working there, I could no longer contain myself.

"So," sez I. "Did you lose a bet?" (It's the only thing I can think of, off the top of my head.)

He looks at me as if I were stark raving bonkers, and says, "No, Ma'am." Encouraged to explain further, he tells me that one of his teachers is called "Ms Bunny," and Monday is her birthday. Her students are presenting her with a carrot cake, and this young man had either come up with this idea on his own, or was appointed to rent a bunny suit for the presentation.

I couldn't help but think that this is a very cool idea, and I would love to meet Ms Bunny. I bet she's something else, to inspire such devotion in her students.

4 comments:

  1. I am assuming that was a teenager. And that in itself does say a lot about Ms. Bunny. Seeing as how teenagers tend to be quite aloof.

    I may be hormonal, but that brought tears to my eyes for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...What a sweet thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he's 18. I guess he's a senior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you, Melissa. Pass the kleenex. :)

    ReplyDelete