Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Did I Mention...

...That I hate Daylight Savings Time?

It messes me up for days!

Last night, I turned in early. Why? Because I only managed to sleep for about four hours on Sunday night. So, of course, I woke up at 3:30 AM. Once I convinced the cats it was not morning, I went back to bed. And lay there. And lay there. And rolled over and lay there some more. I was almost convinced that I wasn't going to get back to sleep, when suddenly, I hear a jackhammer. That's right--a jackhammer! Casting a bleary eye at my alarm clock, I notice two things: the sky is starting to lighten, and it's 7:15. I guess I did go back to sleep, after all.

My neighbour (up the street, on the other side) has been annoying me for weeks now. They are adding a three-car garage onto their house, and this is, apparently, a very noisy process, and continues from dawn till dusk.

I noticed yesterday that the driveway was poured and cured. I guess they poured some of it where it shouldn't be, and, this morning, were taking some of it away.

It's an ibuprofin day.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping that the DST would start in early April like it used to. I get up early to walk the dog and was enjoying seeing the sunrise--now it is pitch dark again at 615 AM.

    I slept to noon yesterday after the dog walk--guess the time switch messed me up too.

    ReplyDelete