Saturday, July 05, 2008

Frustration!

I am mounting an expedition to scatter Jim's ashes with those of his parents. That's in Virginia.

I have other things to do on the trip, and friends to meet. Reservations are made at a hotel in Virginia.

So, first, Chandra dropped out. She could get off work, but can't afford to lose the wages she would earn if she were working. so, we plan to take Aidan, and show him Washington DC and Shenandoah National Park, and Gettysburg.

But now, after putting in for vacation time nearly two months ago, Vanessa can't get off. The boss scheduled somebody else's vacation in Vanessa's time slot.

So that means we can't take Aidan. Betty and Don are still coming, last I heard, but now, without Vanessa to share the driving, it will be harder on them.

I am so frustrated by this. I've been planning this for months, and now it's all trying to fall apart.

I'm going. That's carved in stone. Brendan is coming with me. If we have to pare it down to those essentials we will. Still, I really want to take Aidan and have my daughters with me.

WHY can't just this ONE THING work out?

10 comments:

  1. Egads - how frustrating! Especially the reneiged vacation slot.

    Here's hoping for some last minute reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can cancel up to 24 hours beforehand, so I'll find out Monday how many rooms we are going to need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronni - may I ask where in Virginia you are going to scatter Jim's ashes?
    I live in between Culpeper and Fredericksburg and my daughter in Waynesboro, Shenandoah Vally.
    Long drive for you all, but should be interesting even though a sad journey.
    VERY humid here in July and August - D.C., too - it is only about 50 miles from me.

    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you exactly where, Jo Ann, because I think it's illegal to put them where they have to go. Still, suffice it to say that I am quite familiar with the towns you mentioned, and I have reservations at a hotel in Front Royal. We plan to visit DC and Gettysburg, and then on to Philadelphia for a ball game.

    I would love to live there. I am no stranger to heat and humidity.

    I kept track of daily weather there for over a year, and could absolutely live there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry hun! I hope things work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ronni:

    I hope that the trip goes well for you despite the scheduling problems that are happening now. You are wonderful to take Jim to be with his parents in a place they all loved.

    Can you fly to DC and then drive around from there? It would make a difficult trip a bit easier on you.

    Virginia is such a great state. Will you be visiting any sites there on your trip. You will be near Monitcello while near Front Royal.

    Philly baseball fans are fun. Hope you get to see a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might go to Monticello. Jim and I went there. I will definitely check out some other places.

    Part of the memorial is to drive the Miata up the parkway, so flying is out of the question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The drive up the Parkway is truly memorable.

    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If its where I think it is, then what the heck can they do? Its ASHES.

    However I feel for you and your frustration.

    (HUGE hugs)

    I really dig you! (though I do like the tee's with a bit of stretch lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I don't insist that my friends agree with me on everything!

    ReplyDelete