Sunday, April 06, 2008

A New Gripe

As if telemarketers are not annoying enough, there seems to be a new trend in pre-recorded telemarketing.

Now, I ask you, what business person has the time to listen to a recorded spiel? We don't even have time to listen to live telemarketers. In fact, we try and get real customers off the phone as quickly as possible, because, you know what? WE HAVE WORK TO DO!

I don't care what our business has been preselected for. I don't care how we can increase our volume.

Does anybody EVER order anything from these callers? I mean REALLY! If Ramona needs something, she will go and get it on her own.

Why would anyone take time out from their day to listen to that garbage? It wastes time and ties up the phone, keeping legitimate customers from being able to get through.

Is that "do not call" list still in effect? How do we go about getting on it?

4 comments:

  1. As if there could be a bright side.....at least you can hang up on the recording in 2 seconds flat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no you can't! Or, at least, if you do, it doesn't do any good, because if you pick up the phone up to 20 or 30 seconds later, the thing is still running!

    I even hang up on the real ones, though I usually say something first, like, "No, thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know what can be done about this. But I REALLY feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete