Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brendan


Brendan, of course, was late. Starting a pattern?

My water broke in the grocery store--how much of a cliché is that?

At the hospital, it was decided that a C-section was needed, and I was asked if I wanted a spinal cord shot and to be awake, or if a general anesthetic was my preference. Naturally, I opted for awake.

Jimmy was in there with me, and he looked after Brendan while I was in "recovery." I was visited by PawPaw and Grandma, both of them proud as Punch! The Toungate family celebrates babies, and there were a lot of family members in the waiting room in spite of the fact that it was one o'clock in the morning.

It may be eighteen years ago, but I remember it well!

Happy Birthday, Brendan!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brendan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRENDAN!

    This is a good age for a boy. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is almost angelic. Beautiful lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Brendan! We loved your prom pictures! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture. I'm tearing up imagining Jackson will be 18 one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy has turned out to be a great dad. You could see it, even back then.

    ReplyDelete