Saturday, December 08, 2007

WOW!

Thanks to some better-than-I-deserve friends, the Civil War antiques that used to reside in my living room now live in an air-conditioned storage unit a few blocks away.

Tomorrow I get boxes, and box up all the remaining junk. Telephones. Barrels. Knick-knacks. Scrapbooks. When I can get a small hole made in the garage clutter, I can put boxes there.

Here's what they took out:

a box grand piano
an electric player piano
a pump organ
two Civil War day beds
a Victorian love seat
a very large oak desk
two old cane rockers
a large wooden box containing WWI Navy memorabilia
a Victrola

Not all of that was in the living room, but most of it was. Now, I have a couple of tiny tables, a TV, a grandfather clock, a couch and a recliner. I have to do something about the floor. It is going to take a lot of digging in the sun room to get down to my superb coffee table--modern, wrought iron, with ceramic tile top, hand made--but that is going to be the centerpiece of my room.

Tomorrow, I box stuff up and clean the floor.

I feel truly humble that there are people in my life who would do this for me.

Thank you so very much!

8 comments:

  1. We missed a few things. will explain later. You are very welcome and deserving. I love to watch other folks work. They did a great job,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't notice I was on Doms page. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool thing! Now you can arrange things the way you like them. Gosh, what will you do with all the room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean it, first. Put something on the floor, second. Put up my Christmas tree, third.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many people have civil war daybeds? That has to be unique.

    You must be so relieved to finally have breathing room so that you can enjoy the room as you wish.

    It is wonderful you have such great and helpful friends.
    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Jo Ann. There is nobody I could have expected to do this for me...and yet, people did. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The world is full of wonderful people and you have just proved that, Ronni. Such kindness!

    I am surprised that all this stuff was not already in storage. You must be very long-suffering, my friend.

    Kudos to those who stepped up for you, I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I only recently got peed off enough to pay $165/month for storage, and another $100 to rent a truck.

    ReplyDelete