Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Jim's Farewell

This is the letter Jim left for me. Sometimes he is addressing others, and sometimes me.

"My health is deteriorating. I am in constant pain, can't sleep for more than two hours at a time, and cannot stand it any longer. I see myself in the same medical condition as Mom and will not follow her path.

"I'm sorry about the messes I leave at both home and at school.

"I wish to be cremated and my ashes scattered by the tree...with Mom and Dad if possible. Ronni, you know where I mean.


(personal messages to family and friends, including the following:)

"Yes, I accepted God. I hope God accepts me."

"The rest of my life is a mess. All I have left are my family possessions and no other place to preserve them. I cannot live with the thought of seeing the heirlooms of my family disappear. I can't afford to preserve my dignity.

"How ironic that I should inherit a house with tax debts to my own employer that I'm not allowed to pay except in a lump sum. I can't borrow against the house because I have no insurance. I have no insurance because of needed repairs. I can't make repairs because of my health and there is not enough money to have them done.

"Baby, you did your best. I'm sorry I didn't do better. I love you with all my heart.

"I've finished what I was put here for; passing on what I could of what I have learned and created, hopefully something for the future.


(some info for me on how to retrieve his scripts from his computer)

"Please try to preserve my family heirlooms, especially the portraits, for (my nephew). If he doesn't want them and you can't keep them, try to donate them to a museum. At least someone can appreciate their heritage if not their history.

"Ronni, please care for the cats, especially poor Quinn. Find good homes if you can't keep them.


(suggestion for disposition of the motor home)

"It seems everyone wants a piece of me but I have nothing more to give."

No comments:

Post a Comment