Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Marsha

I've known Marsha for several years, mostly through the Sam Bass Theater. I sat back and watched her fall in love with Dave, and he with her. They are a beautiful couple, both gentle souls with wicked senses of humour and more talent for theater between them than any since Lunt and Fontanne. A couple of years ago, they had a lovely baby they call Jackson.

I must stress that this is the nicest family you could ever hope to meet. Smiles an orthodontist's dream; good and loving spirits alive in their eyes.

Marsha started blogging a year or so ago, and wrote sporadically, which is about all a new mother with a job, a husband and a theater hobby could possibly hope for. Now, however, she has cancer.

She is dealing with it in her truly indomitable fashion, with humour and strength and honesty. And she is writing about it almost every day.

If any of you have been through what she is going through, read her blog. If you have not been through this, read her blog. If you know somebody going through this, read her blog, and give anyone who needs a lift the link to her blog.

This woman Rocks!

The Marshalogues

6 comments:

  1. Morning Ronni. I have been more or less AWOL. Things are getting out of hand at work. Phew!

    Marsha is too young and pretty for this disease. Very brave, too. She has the right attitude and will divide and conquer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer appears to have no respect for youth or beauty.

    You are right, though, her attitude will prevail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronnie, I will try to find some time to check out her site...I am busy moving and just attended another family funeral this morning...and Eric's mom the one with pancreatic cancer is back in hospice..she is losing her battle..and i'm am profoundly saddened i had hoped to have more time with her..i haven't been able to see her all week do to my circumstances..but i will get there Sunday..this woman too has fought a long hard battle...with grace and dignity..and a strength that would amaze you...keep up your good works ronni...YOU are a wonderful friend..the world needs more like you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, get your fanny over there!

    Jim and I were taking alternating shifts at the hospital during hsi mother's last days. It was sheer luck that it was me with her at the end. It was a profoundly moving experience, and one that I would not trade for anything. I am grateful for the time we had together, and she treated me like a daughter. She was a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronni..I fully intend to...But i unfortunately have a deadline to get out of the house..and can't leave anything here...it's killing me..i have had about 3 hours sleep each night for the past 3 days..i don't have much help for packing..plenty of help moving..lol..so i just keep plugging along..i talk to her on the phone when she can..she just wants to sleep...she is in pain..and the meds they give her make her sleep a lot..Eric hasn't been here to help because he works and i told him his MOM is more important ..but i will spend most my time there after tommorrow...and i will bring my BUTT with me promise! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, I wish I could help! Something very similar happened to us a while back, and we still haven't really recovered!

    Mgt...are you OK?

    Don't go AWOL too long, or we will have to send out Interpol! LOL!

    ReplyDelete