Sunday, April 15, 2007

More on the Grant Confession

http://centralmediaserver.com/wxyz/wxyzconfession.pdf

G...I said something about Lou and her, and then she slapped me and I hit her back and she fell toward the bathroom. I don't know what--I heard something hit. I don't know if she hit her head on the wall, on the floor, but it wasn't--she was knocked for a loop. That's when she started saying shit, right at me. It was venomious [sic]. That's it, I'm done. I can ruin your life now.

During this telling, that he grabbed her arm is conveniently forgotten. And, "SHE hit her head." "SHE was knocked for a loop." As if Tara did these things on purpose, just to further annoy her killer. And then, THEN, she had the temerity to start to be "saying shit, right at [him]."

This man married a strong woman; a "go-getter." Now that he has started slapping her around, he seems aggrieved that she is not just lying, sobbing, on the floor, begging him to stop and promising to throw away her lucrative career to come home and be a clerk at the 7-11 where he could keep an eye on her.

As Heinlein said, "Never frighten a little man. He'll kill you." Threatening to "ruin" Stephen's life was the last straw. He was frightened. He killed her.

I wish I could copy and paste from the pdf, as transcribing it is getting a bit tiresome. If you start reading on page 49, about halfway down, and continue on to page 50, he tells over again, how he killed her. This time, he includes that he accused her of having an affair with her co-worker.

Which brings us to Verena.

When asked by the detective, "What was your relationship with Verena before February 9th," he says:

"We were friends. We became close friends. We kissed one night."

When will these guys ever get a quarter for the clue phone? He and Verena were not "friends," they were employer and employee. "Friends" implies a much more equal relationship than that of a 19-year-old girl employed to look after the children of a 37-year-old man.

When asked, "What happened after February 9th?" he says,

"She--she thought that Tara had left. She thought we could do whatever we wanted. A lot of nights I slept in her room. I needed someone to hang on to."

That just makes me cry big tears and play the violin for the pity party! Who told her Tara had left? Who told her they could do "whatever" they "wanted?" Who was all scared and lonesome because he strangled his wife on the bathroom floor with underwear over her face so he didn't have to look at her while he did it?

(Pardon me while I spew chunks.)

A bit further down page 57, K asks Stephen: "Verena....didn't know that you killed Tara?"

And he answers,

"She had no clue."

K says, "...your relationship was sexual at this point."

Stephen says, "We never actually had sex..." and again, "We never had intercourse--" and later, "She slept in my room." There's something in there where the detective asks if they had oral sex, but there are so many "unintelligibles" that I can't safely interpret what was actually said. But this stood out to me:

"She slept in my room."

Let's think about that. He moves Verena into the bedroom that he had shared with his wife, referring to it as "my room." Apparently, no thought was given to the possibility that the children might come scampering in at dawn.

What a scummer!

"K Do you think Tara knew about you and Verena?

G No way. Tara wouldn't have had a clue."

Tara would have "no clue" about Verena, and Verena would have "no clue" about his having killed Tara. He thinks women are pretty clueless, doesn't he?

Sounds as if there might have been more going on than Stephen "wanting to kiss" Verena, doesn't it?

So this guy is basically boffing the au pair (or wanting to)...at very least, doing SOMETHING inappropriate with her, while his wife is away at work. He kills his wife, and moves the au pair into his bed. Of course, the whole thing is his wife's fault.

This is sounding like something from a Gothic novel!

If you don't know what that is, google it!

No comments:

Post a Comment