Friday, August 25, 2006

Mary Lee Harris

Mary Lee was one of the original founders of the Sam Bass Theater, and it's first President of the board. Back in the day (1980's), she would run props, design costumes and occasionally stage manage. She did a Director's Workshop in 1986, but I think that was her only foray into the morass of directing. The last time I remember seeing her on stage at the theater was in 1982, when she did a duet scene with Mary Ellen Milburn that was funny as anything! She was a reliable box office volunteer for many years.

She and her husband, Ben, were on a hijacked airplane in the Middle East in the early '80's. From that ordeal they emerged, shaken, but unscathed.

She was a very active Storytime Volunteer at the Round Rock Public Library, and she and I started a Toddler Storytime, back in 1984. She helped me dump SSS, and with my cleaning service in the later '80's.

I just found out that she has passed on.

Bless you, Mary Lee. You made a huge difference in my life, and I will never forget you.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss, Ronni. She must have been a wonderful friend.

    Rest in peace, Mary Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was, and I had sort of lost touch with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronni,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. She left her hand print on your heart and will always be with you in spirit until you meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few words to say about her at the BBQ tonight.

    ReplyDelete